Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Here's why I'm single...

So, tonight we had an amazing Ash Wednesday liturgy. I think (for the most part) the choir (who were able to show up) did a fantastic job. As with any liturgical season, I like to change the music (including the responses) to fit the style of the season itself. I felt with all the chant and the gong as well, as the song choices fit together so well to create a worshipful environment. So, for me, this is something that I would want the beloved to experience, and not only that, for the beloved to make sure that he is there. Even certain friends of mine who know me and my involvment with my job, as well as everything being completely different from times before, chose not to attend (or just didn't even think about it being important). If I can't even get special friends to attend - how can I expect someone who is to the beloved, want to be there. (Besides, I have a minimum of 6 years riding on that...)

It's interesting that despite the fact that I feel amazingly good about what I have accomplished,and what transposed today between all that I had to get done, bottom line, there is a great disappointment that I had no one to share them with. Here I come home to an empty house, a large chasm of where that "beloved" is supposed to be... I have a hard time believing that my prayers are even heard, much less answered...

~steadily single in seattle...

No comments: