
It has crossed my mind many times about what are the best books I have read, and what I would read again. Here are my "Desert Island Books"
A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
Still has to be one of the most entertaining books of all times that I have read. It's poignant and some a clear vision of life from the perspective of an obnoxious person with a voice that rings true in so many ways.
A Woman of Independent Means (Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey)
A great story of a woman who lives solo back in the days where it is completely unacceptable, and she finds fullness and happiness in it. A lesson I need to remind myself of.
The Bible
Just so you can argue back... :)
Young People's Concerts (Leonard Bernstein)
The script from incredible lectures Leonard Bernstein had with children about music. He is brilliant, they were brilliant. What an amazing educator.
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" (Marianne Williamson)
Considered to be in the "new age" section of reading, but has some great perspectives on relationships and how to be available to love. I cried the first time I read this book.
What's yours...? Right now I'm reading "Temperament" The Idea that solved music's greatest Riddle, A Musicians Labyrinth" How to be present and vulnerable as a conductor, "The Alchemist" (again), "Brideshead Revisited" (Because it was recommended to me), "Pocket Rumi" (for moments of a glimpse of a better world." Happy reading...don't forget to pick up a book from time to time.
A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
Still has to be one of the most entertaining books of all times that I have read. It's poignant and some a clear vision of life from the perspective of an obnoxious person with a voice that rings true in so many ways.
A Woman of Independent Means (Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey)
A great story of a woman who lives solo back in the days where it is completely unacceptable, and she finds fullness and happiness in it. A lesson I need to remind myself of.
The Bible
Just so you can argue back... :)
Young People's Concerts (Leonard Bernstein)
The script from incredible lectures Leonard Bernstein had with children about music. He is brilliant, they were brilliant. What an amazing educator.
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" (Marianne Williamson)
Considered to be in the "new age" section of reading, but has some great perspectives on relationships and how to be available to love. I cried the first time I read this book.
What's yours...? Right now I'm reading "Temperament" The Idea that solved music's greatest Riddle, A Musicians Labyrinth" How to be present and vulnerable as a conductor, "The Alchemist" (again), "Brideshead Revisited" (Because it was recommended to me), "Pocket Rumi" (for moments of a glimpse of a better world." Happy reading...don't forget to pick up a book from time to time.
No comments:
Post a Comment