Sunday, October 21, 2007

A castrophe turned opportunity

They say that if you break a mirror it's 7 years bad luck. Im choosing tonight that the broken mirror is a change of perspective and a chance to remodel. When I went to Santa Fe I bought this fabulous candle holder that was acutally a pinoeer sugar cone maker. Well, being the candle-aholic that I am, I lit the candles tonight when I came home, not paying attention to how low any of the candles lookes (I didn't think they looked super low), and then as i was cooking dinner, I got stuck on a phone call that kept me in the kitchen - or just paying attnetion to my food on the stove. I walked out to find my sugar mold on fire (!) and could not blow out the flame. When I went to smother the flame (I chose a pot lid from the kitchen), the mirror over the fireplace, next to the candle holder, cracked and shot up the wall. The mirror is about 4 1/2 feet tall and 5 feet wide, so it's a large piece that has now split in two.

However, I'm reminded that my dear friend Ginny, always said to widen the mantle, and to get rid of the mirror (or get a smaller one). Now I'm looking at the opportunity to change something in my living room, that probably needed changing all along.

On the male front... I have decided I'm still holding grudges from the past, and I need to let go, and forgive. Forgive myself, forgive Scott, Alan, Greg, Pat, and the callous people that hurt my feelings along the way. So I'm praying not to find love (although I do wish it from the bottom of my heart), but I'm praying to be able to let go of the bad feelings I harbor toward things that seem unjust. It's so selfish - there are so many people out there with less than I, and I choose to be bitter about what is really minor. I am such the shallow person that I get so obsessed with my own stuff.... again, a missed opportunity that I can turn around to find the silver lining and look for the optimistic goal, instead of the limited bitter pill that I have taken.

wish me luck... :)

No comments: