Okay, I must admit, I am sucked into the Grey's Anatomy soap opera. Every time I watch the show, i leave a bit verklempt, and don't quite know how to process it. As a single woman, I find the struggle and dynamics of relationships to be constantly a dig in my side.
I am seeking love. Love, in the sense of all being and all doing. I want the whole kit and caboodle when it comes to the partner. Maybe I expect to much, after all, I am a "girl" and have those romantic expectations that belong with a relationship. At the same time, I feel that I am so open and doing my best to be loving, yet the brass ring is just out of reach.
I love to quote the older Indigo Girls song, "Love Will Come to You": Guess i wasn't the best one to ask me myself with my face pressed up against love's glass to see the shiny toy i've been hoping for the one i never can afford .... "where there's now one there will be two " I have believed in that line from the song for so many years. I love the image of pressed up against the glass - seeing our desire in the window of some store of the dream we long for - so strong in our image, yet so far out of reach... How do I find that, and why is it always just a bit out of the reach
No comments:
Post a Comment